Lamb Maker Block
Lamb Maker Protein Pressed Blocks deliver high quality, plant-based protein in addition to a high quality mineral and vitamin package designed to promote health and well-being for your sheep through proper nutrition.
Processed Grain By-Products, Plant Protein Products, Salt, Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Molasses Products, Roughage Products, Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Hydroxide, Magnesium Oxide, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Zinc Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Selenium Yeast, Zinc Sulfate, Mineral Oil, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Sulfate, Sodium Molybdate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D-3 Supplement and Vitamin E Supplement.
Introductory Period: Following a 7 to 10 day acclimation period, average consumption should be 2 to 4 ounces for sheep and goats with unrestricted forage supplies. Position the blocks 50 to 75 feet from loaﬁng, feeding and watering areas. Some re-positioning of blocks may be necessary as animals become acclimated to the presence of the blocks. Move blocks closer to increase consumption; further away to decrease consumption. If over-consumption occurs for more than two weeks and re-positioning of blocks does not correct the situation, remove blocks and evaluate the overall feeding program. DO NOT ALLOW STARVED ANIMALS FREE ACCESS TO THIS BLOCK.
- Feed at a rate of one block per 5 to 10 head. All animals should have equal access to blocks. Timid and smaller animals need their share.
- Place blocks where animals congregate. Locate blocks throughout the pasture at loaﬁng, grazing and watering areas. Adequate distance must be maintained between blocks to prevent crowding – 10 feet minimum.
- Feed blocks continuously along with plentiful sources of forage and clean, fresh water. Animals should not run out of blocks. When a block is two-thirds consumed, provide a new block near it. Place very small pieces in a feed pan or trough to be cleaned up.
- Sheep and goats should consume an average of 2 to 4 ounces per head daily.
- Consumption of this block may vary depending upon animal body condition, quality and quantity of forages, seasonal weather conditions, and most importantly, feeding locations of blocks with respect to loaﬁng, grazing, feeding and watering area
- Feed as the only SELF-FED source of salt or other minerals and vitamins.